Some pressure points in the body are known to relieve headaches. Here’s where they are and how to use them:
Union valley points are located on the web between your thumb and index finger. They are used to treat headaches.
- Pinch this area firmly – but not painfully – with your thumb and index finger of your opposite hand for 10 seconds.
- Using your thumb, make small circles in one direction and then the other for 10 seconds each.
- Do the same thing on your opposite hand on the Union Valley point.
According to this type of pressure point treatment, the head and neck are relieved of tension. Headaches are often caused by tension.
The drilling bamboo points are located on either side of the spot where the bridge of your nose meets your eyebrow ridge. To treat headaches with these points:
- Apply firm pressure to both points with both index fingers at the same time.
- Keep holding for 10 seconds.
- Releasing and repeating.
By touching these pressure points, you can relieve headaches caused by eyestrain and sinus pressure or pain.
Gates of consciousness pressure points are located at the base of the skull in the parallel hollow areas between the two vertical neck muscles. How to use them:
- Put your index and middle fingers of either hand on these pressure points.
- For 10 seconds, press firmly on both sides at once, then release and repeat.
Firm pressure on these pressure points can relieve headaches caused by tension in the neck.
The third eye point is between your two eyebrows, where the bridge of your nose meets your forehead.
- For one minute, press firmly on this area with the index finger of one hand.
Applying firm pressure to the third eye pressure point may relieve headaches caused by eyestrain and sinus pressure.